Education faces technology pressure from all sides. It’s a continuing demand to be ready to deliver mobile and blended education on any device the student chooses. As this kind of mobility and choice grows, you have to make sure you’re delivering the most current content reliably and at the highest quality. And behind it all are your administrators and staff, supporting both your systems and your students. That’s your job.
Keeping those systems up all the time, and ensuring that they’re going to be safe and secure is a full time challenge. According to the Public Policy Institute of California, over a three-year projection your biggest cost is going to be the cost of staff, if you handle IT yourself. Those costs plummet if you find a top-caliber organization to outsource your technology and services. That’s our job.
ISG and Education
From establishing a university-wide IP/Surveillance System, to reducing IT costs through virtualization, to taking responsibility for modernizing and managing the entire infrastructure, ISG has been working with educational institutions across the Midwest for more than 30 years. That includes:
- Computing technologies: those that your staff use, those that your students access, and those that support a continuous circle of collaboration between teachers and students.
- Application technology: education is about the technology alphabets. LMS, CMS, VLE and so many others. Bringing them all together is critical to best learning outcomes.
- Storage technology. today you have to maintain and protect not just student and administrative data, but the massive multimedia files that drive distance and blended learning.
- Network technology. those files demand networks with ever increasing capacity, flexibility and scalability to keep up with the growth in student downloads and collaboration.
How We Work with You
ISG will work with you to shore up a specific IT weakness, to implement new or improved point solutions for you and your students, or to start the move toward a transformation of your full IT infrastructure.
- You’ll start with a Solution Development Architect and a Professional Services SME who know the unique challenges that educational institutions have, and the technologies that meet them.
- It’s out of that collaborative process review that we’ll recommend the right mix of hardware and software, storage and network (hosted, cloud or on premise) to meet your staff, faculty and student demands.
- We conduct the installation, implementation and test phases when classes aren’t in session, and ensure a smooth transition from staging to production so that distance learning is never interrupted.
- We take as much time and care to train your team on the systems we implement as you do when you teach your students.