Three ways your SMB customers are more secure with Microsoft 365 Business
We all read about the big data breaches – the ones that hit major corporations, with millions of personal records compromised. But today’s cybercriminals aren’t picky. Their nets catch businesses of any size, from the newest garage startup to well-established organizations with several hundred employees. Those are the businesses with perhaps the most to lose from a successful attack, whether from an interruption in business service or outright theft of customer or product information.
Statistics bear this out:
- Surveys show that 58 percent of business-related cyberattacks are directed at small- to medium-sized business.
- Average cost of a data breach to these businesses: $120,000.
- And yet, 62 percent of SMBs lack effective digital protection.
But we get it. We know your customers probably feel overwhelmed with just running a business, let alone installing protection against digital thieves. That’s why showing your clients the benefits of the modern security built into Microsoft 365 Business helps you build a thriving practice. At the same time, you’ll give your SMB customers the ability to simplify their security strategy and confidently embrace new technology.
Here are three reasons why your customers will thank you for helping them adopt the modern productivity cloud solution with leading security: Microsoft 365 Business.
- Defend against cyber-attacks: Your customers will get protection from sophisticated, external cyber threats hidden in email attachments and links, and get cutting-edge defenses against phishing and spoofing attacks, ransomware, and other advanced malware attempts. These attacks are becoming more sophisticated every day, and the SMB space is a frequent target.
- Retain control over their company data and documents – This is something that will give your customers peace of mind. Protection from data leaks will help them protect sensitive information such as Social Security numbers and credit card numbers. They also can control access to important company documents, even after those documents have been shared outside your company.
- Manage apps, data, and documents on any device: Customers have full control over their company data. Regardless of the device type or operating system, iOS, macOS, Android, or Windows, Microsoft 365 Business helps you manage mobile devices.
Plus, when you sell your customers on the security benefits of Microsoft 365 Business, you have the backing of Microsoft’s industry-leading experience protecting people and data. Microsoft is a serious security vendor, with a ton of experience in this space and the numbers to back it up. For example, each month our Outlook.com and Office 365 emails services analyze some 400 billion emails for security threats. We provide enterprise security for 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and operate more than 200 global cloud, consumer, and commercial services – all of which require advanced security.
Best of all, moving customers to Microsoft 365 Business increases your value to customers. You can support one integrated solution across productivity, security, and device management while simplifying your customer’s technology investment and enabling them to operate more efficiently, cost-effectively, and securely. It also creates room for you to earn with managed services and Modern Workplace incentives.
Visit the US SMB Modern Workplace landing page for resources related to starting a security practice and GTM assets to win new customers. Be sure to also watch this Advanced Security Opportunity webinar to learn more about the partner opportunity around Microsoft 365 Business that will increase your revenue and provide a stronger connection with your customers.
 Verizon 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report
 Underserved and Unprepared: The State of SMB Cyber Security in 2019.