We enjoyed plenty of beer, basketball and BDR strategy at our three March madness watch parties. Disaster recovery training at our new corporate headquarters went off without a hitch. And our 3-2-1 Backup Day webinar was a big hit.
Our favorite part was meeting with hundreds of IT professionals across the Midwest. A big thank you to everyone who joined us!
Is your BDR plan in game shape?
During our 3-2-1 Backup Day webinar, we discussed the BDR and business continuity best practices you should use in your business. We surveyed the attendees on their current plans and biggest data disaster concerns.
To help you see how your BDR/BC plan stacks up, we’ve included the results below:
What state is your DR/BC plan currently in?
- 33% have a plan, but it’s not documented
- 27% have a documented plan, but it needs some work
- 16% have a well-documented plan, but they don’t regularly test it
- 15% have no plan at all
- 9% have a well-documented plan and regularly test it
Nationwide conducted a survey and found that 75% of SMBs don’t have a DR plan in place. And 52% of businesses said it would take at least 3 months to recover from a disaster. It’s great so many of our attendees have a plan.
Which data disasters concern you the most?
- 33% say security disasters, like ransomware
- 31% say local disasters, like fires and hardware failure
- 23% say people-related disasters, like maintenance and patching
- 13% say natural disasters, like floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes
It didn’t surprise us that security disasters, like ransomware, were the the number one. A recent Datto report revealed that 9 out of 10 IT service providers have recently seen SMB ransomware attacks first-hand.
After attending our webinar, how would you assess your BDR/BC game plan?
- 37% feel they’re following most of the recommended best practices
- 36% feel their plan is “just okay”
- 25% feel their plan could use some work
- 2% feel their plan is in great shape
IT now reported that 70% of SMBs that suffer a significant data loss are out of business within a year. It’s critical to have a BDR/BC strategy you believe in. That’s why we’re serious about helping you create a rock-solid game plan.
Score big with our BDR resources.
You’ve only got one shot to make sure your sensitive data is safe in the event of a disaster. ISG and Veeam can help you make sure your efforts are a slam dunk. Sign up for a free demo during our Demo Blitz Week and get advice on tightening up your BDR strategy. Everyone who attends gets a $25 Amazon gift card, on us.
“Outages can cost companies $7,900 per minute.” —Data Center Dynamics
Also check out our BDR whitepaper: “Debunking Disaster.” Consider it your DR playbook. It’ll help you create a game plan so that you’re prepared if disaster strikes.
If you have any questions about improving your backup and disaster recovery game, give us a shout. We’re here to coach you every step of the way.
Latest posts by ISG Technology (see all)
- Our Backup Madness event was a slam dunk! - March 30, 2018
- March is Here. And so is Backup Madness. - March 1, 2018
- The SMB Quick Guide for Upgrading Office Technology - February 15, 2018